The Friends of Grosvenor & Hilbert Park
The Friends of Grosvenor & Hilbert Park was set up in 2011. Our Constitution is currently going through an approval process and will be published here as soon as it is available. In the meantime here are our draft objectives:
- To be an autonomous, non profit-making group, committed to supporting a well maintained and safe public park which can enhance the quality of life for local people and the wider community and act as a focus for bringing the community together.
- To promote and encourage the local community to take an interest in the conservation, enhancement and protection of the Park for the benefit of the community and the wildlife.
- To raise awareness of the history and ecology of the Park and it’s vital role in the heritage of Tunbridge Wells by providing information in the form of visual displays, leaflets and on-line in the appropriate areas.
- To find out the views of local people and Park users to help involve them in the planning, decision-making and aspects of management affecting the Park and the special facilities within the Park.
- To actively improve funding to maintain and increase the facilities in the Park, including working in partnership with other groups and associations.
- To encourage users and members to participate in organising public social activities in the Park and link with other organisations to promote active involvement with the facilities and nature reserves and wildlife habitats.
- To be a vehicle for involving Park users and the community to use the Park and enjoy it’s full potential, fostering an atmosphere of mutual appreciation, pride and respect.
- To work with the Tunbridge Wells Borough Council (TWBC) and other relevant organisations to help in achieving the above objectives.